Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Vote (from 8/27)

The excitement is building!! Tonight we will hear from Bill Clinton and Joe Biden. I expect they both will give a rousing speech!

There will also be some kind of roll call vote tonight.... probably not all of the states, however at least as far as Colorado...which means California will get a verbal vote. We had ballots at breakfast this morning...so I already voted. Some of the Clinton delegates are meeting this afternoon to discuss how to proceed with their votes.

The bottom line is -- Barack Obama will 'officially' be the Democratic nominee for President after tonight! We can hardly wait for the acceptance speech tomorrow.

It is exciting being a part of this process.....there are many countries where this cannot happen!

I thought Hillary Clinton's speech was great! You know...for every speaker they pass out signs for us to hold up. Sometimes it gets confusing and I'm sure I have held up the wrong sign many times. Also, I have held them up upside down :) Oh well! The funny thing is....they went through a lot of effort to make this a 'green' convention and yet there are lots and lots of SIGNS!! People are keeping their signs as souvenirs. Lot's of heavy luggage when we return!

I'm off to the Pepsi Center early because it will be crowded!!

Thanks to all who text me when you see me on TV. There are cameras everywhere and I'm trying hard not to embarrass you all :)

No comments: