Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inside the Pepsi Center

Finally...I made it inside the Pepsi Center! It is fun meeting new folk from around the country.

We are united...regardless of what you are seeing in the press! There are lots of protesters (not sure what they're protesting) We just keep moving from event to event. It's no different than being on a college campus with protesters.... I sort of like it (as long as the protests are non-violent). It reminds us of the freedoms we have in this country.

I must say however, the area around the Pepsi Center is on lockdown....MUCH security...and as Forrest Gump would say: "That's all I'm going to say about that!"

You all know I support Barack Obama because of his policies and what he stands for....I would support him if he were brown, white, or purple! However...tonight...as an African-American woman I was proud to see Michelle as our prospective first lady! Not just because she is Barack's wife...but because of her own accomplishments! As a black woman I thought of all we must endure to succeed....all of the slights because of our skin color....always having to be BETTER! It's been a long road...but we have endured! America has endured and we have indeed come a long way!

No comments: