Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Andria Hall -- Rest in Peace


It was with great personal sadness that I learned of the passing of Andria Hall. Although Andria and I pursued different paths the past few years, my memories of her are dear and lasting.

We shared many good times and laughed often...and this is what I will remember. And then there is This Far by Faith...the book that was the culmination of our friendship! I could not have written that book with anyone else but her, and I am glad God brought us together for that project and the Circle of Seven Prayer organization which continues.

The one thing I am sure of is...Andria's faith was strong....always has been. I also know she was welcomed with open arms into His kingdom. She was talented, passionate, and creative. She will be remembered....

Our prayers and thoughts are with the Sizemore and Hall families.


3 comments:

grace said...

Ms. Bailey,

I was touched reading your blog about Andria Hall. She was a dear friend of almost 15 years. I attended the Book Signing you and Andria held at Barnes & Noble in New York.

She was indeed a beautiful person inside and out. Always generous with her time, advice and love. Completely optimistic, funny with a heart of gold, and unending love for her family. Her loving presence filled both Churches at her going home Celebrations.

We only had her for a short time, but did she live a rich and full life! Imagine what else she would have done with more time.

Andria was a true child of God and expressed her love for him unwaveringly. I'm comforted knowing that she is now resting in his arms. Andria left a lasting legacy to everyone whose life she touched. What a treat to have known her!

Rest In Peace My Sister Andria.
Much Love, Grace

Anonymous said...

Dear Linnie ,

I was (am Still am) a friend of Andira. I met you when you and Andria had your book tour at the Barnes & Noble on 5th Avenue in NYC. I guess about 1989? I think you had recently given birth at that time.
There was a photographer at the book signing and she took the three of us picture. I wondered if you were given the pictures of that day's event. I'd love to see a copy.

I am sorry for our loss. Of not having Andria to send a shout to or meet for a cup of tea.

I hope you are doing well.

My Best Regards To You,

Raymond

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.